How AusGeothermal Heat Pumps work for heating your home or business
AusGeothermal heat pump units are a direct exchange refrigeration system using R410A refrigerant to transfer heat from one place to another.
In the heating cycle:
- Refrigerant enters the ground loop coils as a high pressure liquid
- The refrigerant passes through an expansion device which causes instant pressure and the temperature of the liquid to drop
- The liquid passes through the ground loops, absorbing heat from the surrounding earth, which causes refrigerant to boil off and change state into a vapour form.
- This vapour is now a useable substance to be re-compressed into a high pressure/high temperature vapour by the system’s compressor.
The refrigerant is then used to heat your premises via a fan coil unit. Heat is transferred into the air passing over the copper finned coil and then distributed by ducting to heat your home.
While this is happening, refrigerant in the copper finned coil is changing state and condensing from a high pressure vapour to a high pressure/low temperature liquid. This liquid is re-directed to the ground coils to begin the cycle over.
How this works in cooling your home or business
In cooling mode the refrigeration cycle is reversed, meaning liquid refrigerant now enters the ducted fan coil unit via a refrigerant expansion device.
- As high pressure liquid passes through this device it creates a sudden pressure and temperature drop in the refrigerant. The heat from your premises now passes over the copper finned evaporator coil.
- Heat is absorbed into the refrigerant, creating cooler supply air and a change of state of this refrigerant.
- The heat absorbed into the refrigerant is now transferred into the ground loops via the systems compressor.
- Refrigerant passing through the ground loops is now dispensing heat into the earth causing a re-condensing effect in the refrigerant for the cycle to begin over.
On this page we’ve done our best to explain in simple terms how the technology works. If you would rather talk to us about how the technology can work for you, please contact us.View our brochure